LIP SIZE REDUCTION
LIP SIZE REDUCTION
- Facial features combine to the give the appearance an aesthetic appeal.
- When one area is out of proportion, a look will be unbalanced.
- The lips are considered the most sensual part of the body; when overly big, they can take away from an otherwise elegant appearance.
- There are some people out there that feel that their lips are too large. Individuals that have large lips may feel self-conscious about their appearance.
- Many of these people do not know that there is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is designed to bring down the size of the lips so they are in proportion with the rest of your face.
- A Lip Reduction is a state-of-the-art outpatient procedure, designed to bring the lips into proportion with the other facial features, accentuating the face instead of distracting attention.
- Your lip reduction surgery will be tailored to fit your needs and desires as the patient, taking into account the form and dimension of other facial features.
- It can be performed on upper as well as lower lip or both.
Lip Reduction Candidates
- Candidates for lip reduction surgery include patients that have naturally large lips.
- Patients that are unhappy with the results of a permanent lip augmentation procedure done in the past. (lip fillers or fat grafting)
- Patients should be in good health, and not smoke cigarettes for a month before and after surgery.
Lip Reduction Surgery
- For most patients, the lip reduction procedure is performed under local anesthesia on an outpatient basis.
- The procedure will take between 30 to 40 minutes to complete, using a light sleep anesthetic.
- I evaluate the patient when they are at rest, smiling and speaking and then determine the amount of tissue to be reduced.
- First, I apply a local anesthetic to the lips. A small horizontal incision will then be made across the inner lip. From here, excess tissue and fat will be excised. Finally, the lip will be sutured for appropriate healing.
- A Lip Reduction may be performed alone, or it may be paired with another cosmetic procedure to produce optimum results. Patients can find satisfying results by including a Rhinoplasty, Cheek Augmentation, or a Facelift.
Lip Reduction Risks
- The side effects of surgery include pain, swelling, bruising, and redness in the treatment area; these side effects generally dissipate within a few days of surgery.
Lip Reduction Recovery
- The average recovery is about 7-10 days.
- The suture line may look irregular at first but the result settles in and continues to improve over 6-12 weeks.
- The surgery is performed to make the scar on the inside of the mouth. The scar may feel thick for several weeks, but generally heals to a point that it is almost invisible.
- Initially, there may be mild discomfort, swelling, and bruising; these diminish over the first several weeks following surgery.
- In the days following surgery, patients should take pain medication and apply ice bags to the lips to limit pain and swelling
- Patients can usually return to work within a week of surgery.
- Best results are seen at about two to three months after surgery
- Temporary numbness or tingling of the lips is common.
- Patients should keep their head elevated while sleeping for the first few days, and refrain from any vigorous activities.
- A soft diet is often required for several days, while the lips begin to heal.
For more details contact Dr Chetna Singh
or log on to www.csclinicdelhi.in
Address: Dr Chetna Singh
C&S Cosmetic surgery and Laser Clinic
D-439, First Floor, Ramphal Chowk,